Making the most of your conference call is vital to getting the most work completed and to making sure that everyone involved gets the most from their call. Here are some of the common mistakes which can ruin conference calls:
· If you use a traditional conference calling service, then booking a slot which isn’t sufficient to discuss all the topics on the agenda is fatal. To avoid this, look at a service where you pay for the time you use, rather than for a specific slot.
· Having no fixed agenda when you go into a conference call can often mean a confused and messy experience as people aren’t following the same thread. Make sure everyone knows the order of business for the call beforehand, and give them enough time to prepare any comments they may have.
· For a conference call to work successfully, it will need to have someone chairing it like a meeting, otherwise it can lead to people competing to lead the call.
· Too little preparation can be a tempting shortcut, but it could lead to you looking silly, and having your error highlighted, which is much easier to do when you aren’t talking face-to-face.
· The other vital thing to do is to make sure everyone who needs to be involved is involved, as not having one person’s key perspective can make the work being done fall down.
By following these tips, you can make sure your conference call goes smoothly.